Do you have a dull or yellow smile? If you want to achieve the best smile, teeth whitening treatment from Shreveport, LA, is the best option for you! You can now get the brightest smile possible.
Even with regular brushing and flossing, it is difficult to achieve the smile you desire. The best way to ensure you will get white teeth is by getting the best teeth whitening treatment in Shreveport, LA, which will brighten and whiten your smile significantly.
How Does Teeth Whitening Enhance Your Smile?
- The main reason people opt for teeth whitening is to remove discoloration & stains and get the best and the brightest smile.
- With bright teeth, you will smile more, and you won’t feel insecure about the stains on your teeth. This will improve your self-esteem and confidence, and you will smile more often.
- Teeth whitening treatment includes peroxide gel, which kills bacteria and it will reduce your risk for tooth decay and gum disease. Therefore, you can achieve optimal oral health with teeth whitening.
- With the help of teeth whitening treatment, you can remove years of stains built up on your teeth. This will make your teeth and smile more youthful.
- Teeth whitening is a great way to prepare yourself for a big event. You can now confidently smile in pictures, your interview, etc.
- Unlike other cosmetic procedures, teeth whitening is quick and easy with minimal invasion.
Why Do My Teeth Change Color?
Over time due to different reasons, your teeth may lose their shine and get dull or yellow. Following are a few factors that can change the color of your teeth.
Foods & Drinks
If you regularly consume drinks or foods that stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, red wine, beets, strawberries, blueberries, etc. It can stain your teeth. These foods and drinks include intense color pigments called chromogens that stick to your enamel and cause your teeth to stain.
Smoking & Tobacco
If you consume tobacco regularly, it can cause stubborn stains due to the tar and nicotine, which develop dark or brown stains on your teeth. The enamel is porous like your skin’s surface. Therefore, nicotine and tar can easily get trapped in the enamel. This can make your teeth yellow in a short time, and heavy smokers often complain about teeth being brown.
As we get older, the enamel erodes and naturally gets thinner. The dentin is then exposed, which is more yellow. This means you’ll end up with a darker or duller smile.
If you have poor dental hygiene and don’t brush or floss every day, it can lead to tooth discoloration and other oral health issues.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Teeth whitening treatments use hydrogen peroxide that breaks down molecules that stain the teeth. These molecules are separated from the tooth, which makes the color less concentrated and gives an overall brightening effect.
The Best Teeth Whitening Treatment
There are different teeth whitening options, such as whitening toothpaste, whitening strips & trays, etc. However, the best way to ensure you get the best smile is with the help of Custom-Made Whitening Trays or In-Office Teeth Whitening
In-Office Teeth Whitening Treatment
To get the brightest teeth with minimal sensitivity, you should opt for professional treatment. With an in-office teeth whitening treatment in Shreveport, LA, you will receive a thorough oral examination, which will make sure to know if teeth whitening is the best for you. In case you have permanent stains, cavities, gum disease, or extremely sensitive teeth, teeth whitening may not be the best for you.
- The dentist will first examine and clean your teeth removing the plaque and tartar build-up.
- Then the dentist will cover your gums, tongue, cheek, or other fleshy parts of your mouth, and the gel will be applied to your teeth and will be left on your teeth for an hour.
- After your treatment, you will receive a smile that’s eight times lighter within a session.
Take At-Home Teeth Whitening Kit
You can also get your teeth whitened professionally in the comfort of your home. You will receive customized trays and gel, which will provide you with the best results within a few uses.
The cosmetic dentist in Shreveport, LA, can provide you with custom-made take-home kits that include customized trays and gel, which will help you achieve the desired results. You can also get all the information and instructions from the dental team and ensure your teeth and gums are safe.
Teeth Whitening In Shreveport, LA
If you want to achieve the brightest smile and protect your teeth, visit our dental office today! At Scruggs Dentistry, we provide in-office professionally applied teeth whitening solutions to custom at-home whitening products. We understand every smile is unique, which is why we create customized treatment plans for our patients based on their needs and budget. Contact us today to get the best cosmetic dentistry in Shreveport, LA, and enhance your smile.